MGA (M.G. Alimentos) is a dynamic joint venture in fresh mushroom growing and distribution located in Saltillo, Mexico. It brings together two of the largest growers of fresh mushrooms in North America – Giorgio Fresh Company and Grupo Monteblanco.
- Our Saltillo, Mexico facility grows mushrooms for markets in both Mexico and the United States.
- Mushrooms are shipped to our sales and distribution depot in Houston, TX.
- Together Monteblanco and Giorgio bring more than 100 years of growing and marketing experience to MGA.
- Up-to-date equipment with sophisticated compost yard technology and electronic controls to monitor growing ensure a quality product.
- AIB and other auditing agencies give MGA consistently excellent ratings.
- MGA is certified for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Mushroom Good Agricultural Practices (MGAP), and Kosher pareve.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedures developed by Pennsylvania State University help MGA control pests while improving environmental health and safety.
- To maximinze food safety, MGA has Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certification.