Fancy Mushroom & Gouda Style Melts
These easy mushroom melts are meaty, creamy and cheesy. Perfect for a quick lunch.
Author: Mango & Tomato
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You Need
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fancy mushrooms of choice (e.g. shiitake, chanterelles, etc)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Sliced Gouda cheese, to taste
- 2 lightly toasted slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
What You Do
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms and onion, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned.
- Top each slice of bread with mushroom and onion mixture and slices of cheese.
- Broil the slices for about 5 minutes making sure to not burn the cheese. Cheese should melt until it is golden brown.
- Garnish each melt with fresh parsley.