Avocado and Farro Harvest Buddha Bowl
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.
Author: Mushroom Council
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
What You Need
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 18 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly charred in spot. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (do no overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed). Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Stir in yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, cumin and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir together farro and Brussels sprouts. Divide among 4 bowls. Arrange mushrooms, avocado and alfalfa sprouts on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with tahini sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Use shiitake stems to flavor vegetable broths and stocks
If desired, substitute broccoli, cauliflower or romesco sauce for Brussels sprouts.