Individual Blended Chicken Pot Pies
In this classic, easy-to-make chicken pot pie we have blended in finely chopped mushrooms for boosted flavor and an extra serving of veggies.
What You Need
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cream or milk
- 1½ cup frozen peas, carrot, corn blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- frozen puff pastry, thawed
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, mushrooms, onion and seasoning. Set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and cream. Slowly bring to a boil while stirring until thick. Stir in chicken and mushroom mixture, frozen vegetables and salt. Divide mixture among 6 ramekins.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut frozen puff pastry to size. Place dough over ramekin, sealing the edges. Make several slits in the center to allow for venting. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the pot pie for 25-35 minutes, or until the puff pastry is lightly browned.