Pan-Roasted Mushrooms with Scrambled Eggs
Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking shares a recipe for Pan Roasted Mushrooms that will make you rethink your basic scrambled eggs.
What You Need
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 large eggs
- shredded Parmesan cheese
What You Do
- Heat the olive oil over high heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms, dried thyme and garlic powder and sauté for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and their flavor deepens, almost to the point of caramelization to bring out their earthly and decadent flavor. Once fully cooked, remove from the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add a touch more olive oil or butter if needed and heat over medium high heat. In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together. Carefully pour the eggs into the hot pan and using a spatula, slowly drag it along the bottom of the pan allowing the eggs to cook slowly and evenly.
- Once the eggs are cooked, season them with salt and pepper and transfer even portions to 4 plates. Add equal amounts of mushrooms to all 4 plates and sprinkle with chives and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.