Tagliatelle Pasta with a Light Mushroom Sauce
This recipe for Tagliatelle Pasta with a Light Mushroom Sauce is not only perfect as lighter fare, but it is comfortable food as well as being a quick and easy dinner option.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
What You Need
- 1 package of tagliatelle pasta (serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 crimini mushrooms
- 12 white mushrooms
- 12 small shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (more or less depending on heat) chili pepper flakes
- one 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped – optional
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- asiago cheese
What You Do
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium low, heat the olive oil, then add the shallots and garlic. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir and cook over medium low until caramelized and soft. This step will take about 6 – 10 minutes depending on the heat of your stove. Stir in the thyme and chili flakes, then remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, then immediately toss with the mushrooms and a drizzle of olive oil. The heat of the pasta and the moisture on left from draining will heat the mushrooms. At this point if you are using the artichoke hearts stir them in.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Grate cheese over the top. Serve.