Giorgio’s Dried Mushrooms are available in the following varieties (listed alphabetically):
- Black Trumpet
- Paddy Straw
- Shiitake Sliced
- Shiitake Whole
- Soup Blend
- Stir Fry
- Wood Ear
Experience a variety of delicious flavors by experimenting with dried gourmet mushrooms. They can be substituted for fresh mushrooms in most recipes where mushrooms are cooked – 1 oz dried mushrooms is approximately equivalent to 8 oz fresh mushrooms.
To reconstitute dried mushrooms, we recommend the following steps:
- Blanch in boiling water, stock, or wine for 2 – 5 minutes, or soak for 30 minutes in warm liquid.
- Strain reconstituted mushrooms through a coffee filter, reserving flavorful liquid.
- Gently rinse under cold water, and pat dry.
- Reserved liquid may be added to recipe as needed to achieve desired consistency and intensity of mushroom flavor.
- NEVER EAT DRIED MUSHROOMS RAW.